Khi nhắc tới chủ đề "Museum or exhibition" chắc hẳn ai trong chúng ta cũng sẽ cảm thấy vô cùng lo lắng bởi lẽ không những vốn từ về chủ đề này ít mà ý tưởng để nói cũng không có nhiều. Chính vì vậy, để giúp các bạn có thêm sự tự tin khi bước vào phòng thi IELTS thì chúng ta hãy cùng nhau tìm hiểu về chủ đề này nhé!!!
1. oil paintings: tranh sơn dầu = a picture painted in oil paint
Eg: I think I’m a big fan of oil paintings.
2. watercolours: tranh màu nước = paints that you mix with water, not oil, and use for painting pictures
Eg: He worked in watercolour, ink and crayon.
Eg: Most of her paintings were done in watercolours.
3. portraits: tranh chân dung = a painting, drawing or photograph of a person, especially of the head and shoulders
Eg: He had his portrait painted in uniform.
Eg: Vermeer's ‘Portrait of the artist in his studio’.
4. landscapes: tranh phong cảnh = everything you can see when you look across a large area of land, especially in the country
Eg: The impact of farming on the natural landscape has increased greatly.
5. sculptures: điêu khắc = a work of art that is a solid figure or object made by carving or shaping wood, stone, clay, metal, etc.
Eg: She creates sculptures out of scrap materials.
Eg: Tombs remain the most important monumental sculpture of this period.
6. ancient artifacts: cổ vật = an object that is made by a person, especially something of historical or cultural interest
7. pottery: đồ gốm = pots, dishes, etc. made with clay that are baked in an oven, especially when they are made by hand
Eg: fragments of Iron Age pottery/the kilns in which the pottery is fired
Eg: Impressionists such as Monet and Pissarro
11. Free admission: Vào cửa miễn phí = the act of accepting somebody into an institution, organization, etc.; the right to enter a place or to join an institution or organization
Eg: Free admission is not necessary in most cases.
12. No photography: Không chụp ảnh
13. Cloakroom: Phòng để áo mũ = a room in a public building where people can leave coats, bags, etc. for a time
14, China: đồ sứ = cups, plates, etc. that are made of china
Eg: She got out the best china.
15. archaeology (n): khảo cổ học = the study of cultures of the past, and of periods of history by examining the parts of buildings and objects found in the ground
16. visitor (n): khách tham quan = a person who visits a person or place
Eg: We've got visitors coming this weekend.
17. masterpiece /ˈmɑːstəpiːs/: kiệt tác = a work of art such as a painting, film, book, etc. that is an excellent, or the best, example of the artist’s work
Eg: The museum houses several of his Cubist masterpieces.
Eg: Her work is a masterpiece of (= an excellent example of) simplicity.
18. collection = gallery (n): bộ sưu tập = a group of objects, often of the same sort, that have been collected
Eg: He wanted to share his vast art collection with the world.
Eg: The painting comes from his private collection.
Eg: A somewhat strange collection of people had gathered in front of the building.
19. curator (n): nhân viên bảo tàng = a person whose job is to be in charge of the objects or works of art in a museum or an art gallery, etc.
20. preservation (n): bảo tồn = the act of keeping something in its original state or in good condition
Eg: The council has placed a preservation order on the building.
21. donation (n): quyên góp = omething that is given to a person or an organization such as a charity, in order to help them; the act of giving something in this way
Eg: The work of the charity is funded by voluntary donations.
Eg: The campaign has raised £200 000 through online donations.
Eg: Leave your donations with the staff on reception any time during opening hours.
22. cultural (adj): thuộc về văn hóa = connected with the culture of a particular society or group, its customs, beliefs, etc.
Eg: Teachers need to be aware of cultural differences.
Eg: The orchestra is very important for the cultural life of the city.
Eg: She has become an American cultural icon.
23. to wander (around): đi dạo quanh = to walk slowly around or to a place, often without any particular sense of purpose or direction
Eg: She wandered aimlessly around the streets.
Eg: We wandered back towards the car.
Eg: The child was found wandering the streets alone.
1. Are there many museums in your country?
Not much, especially when comparing with other European countries like US or UK. Most museum in Vietnam stayed focused on the hostilites of the war or Ho Chi Minh Museum is viewed as the most reputable place to visit. It is anticipated that we would have a wealth of National History Museum in the long run.
2. Do you think museums are useful for visitors?
Yes, of course. Museums, from my perspective, plays a pivotal role in enlarging people’s awareness relating to arts and science. Additionally, they are also beneficial for those who doing R&D and want to hone their skills within their field or area.
3. Do you often visit museums?
Not really. I rarely visit museums because I don't have much feeling to the arts or history. However, if I'm oblighed to write the report for the teacher, I will make an attempt to pay a visit and strive to observe and analyze any details of objects in the museums to accomplish my essay.
Nguồn: Langmaster Edu (25 câu giao tiếp từ vựng ở bảo tàng phòng trưng bày)
Nguồn: Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (Definitions & Examples)
Đăng ký tư vấn MIỄN PHÍ
Nhận ƯU ĐÃI lên tới 10.000.000đ