ENVIRONMENT là đề tài thân thuộc trong cuộc sống hằng ngày và cũng là chủ đề thường xuyên xuất hiện trong các đề thi IELTS Speaking. Trong bài này, cùng LangGo tham khảo các mẫu câu hỏi và mẫu trả lời cho chủ đề này ở cả 3 phần thi nhé!
A. IELTS Speaking Part 1: ENVIRONMENT
1. Which country are you from?
I am from the Philippines, an archipelagic country that is comprised by many islands. The country has 7,107 islands and that is why people who live there have a diverse set of culture and languages.
2. Where is this country located?
The Philippines is located in Southeast Asia situated in the Western Pacific Ocean.
3. Which part of the country do most people live in?
I The bulk of the country’s population is in Metro Manila, a region which houses the primary business centers and the seat of government.
4. What are the main industries in your country?
The Philippines is traditionally an agricultural country, but the economy has been transitioning into industries that emphasizes on services and manufacturing.
5. What kind of weather do you dislike?
I do not like the extreme heat of summer, but do you know what I disliked more? A humid weather; at least in the summer you could sweat off the heat, but in a humid environment, the effectiveness of sweating in cooling the body is reduced by reducing the rate of evaporation of moisture from the skin.
6. Would you prefer to live in a hot or cold country?
I was born in a tropical country, my body had adapted to it. Well, at least in a hot country, I could enjoy eating ice cream.
7. What is the best/worst weather for traveling in?
In my opinion, the best weather to travel is in a slight rainy season. Why? Because it is the off season, less traffic jam, lower prices for tickets and food and you don’t have to compete with other tourists in terms of time by falling in line on order to enjoy a tourist site.
The worst weather to travel in is of course the typhoon season. Because it is safe to stay indoors and to avoid flooded areas, establishments are closed and flights get cancelled.
B. IELTS Speaking Part 2: ENVIRONMENT
Describe an environmental problem that has occurred in your country. (Miêu tả vấn đề môi trường đang xảy ra ở đất nước bạn)
You should say:
- The cause of the problem
- What effect it has had on your country
- The steps, if any, that have been taken to solve this
- Explain why you think this problem is so important to solve.
Mẫu trả lời:
If there is an environmental problem that I would like to talk about, it would be the excessive pollution of waterways, rivers and canals. It was caused by the irresponsible disposal of wastes by the factories, industries and the people who live near the bodies of water.
The pollution of the rivers was the effect of prolonged abuse and neglect. The rivers were considered biologically dead, which means no fish left to catch and less food to eat. Boats could not travel because of the density of the debris of floating plastic wastes; the rivers emit a foul stench and the waters are toxic which house a number of bacteria that could cause different diseases.
In the 90’s, the government started to create a rehabilitation program for the rivers and waterways, unfortunately they failed to displace the main polluters-the illegal settlers near the river, simply because they have their “human rights”.
The problem is important to solve simply because water is life. It is the circulatory system of the world, water enabled life forms to survive and we need other life forms in order to survive.
C. IELTS Speaking Part 3: ENVIRONMENT
1. Do you think it is the responsibility of governments alone to protect the environment?
Of course not! I think it is everyone’s responsibility to protect the environment. Sure, the government has the power to enact laws and craft policies but how good is the law if nobody respects it.
We simply could not go on with our lives throwing our wastes irresponsibly and expect the government to just clean it up. There is nothing left to clean up in the first place if only we dispose things properly, it wastes both time and resources.
2. What measures can individuals take to protect the environment?
There are a lot of ways on how individuals can do to protect the environment some of them are:
- Turn off appliances when you are not using them.
- Recycle and segregate your biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste or better yet avoid creating trash by avoiding disposable products.
- Minimize your water and electricity consumption.
- Use a fuel-efficient car or if you are traveling in short distances, take a walk or ride a bicycle.
These are just small things we can do to change our lifestyles, imagine millions of other people doing the same thing. It can gradually make a difference.
3. Do you think large companies and business organizations should be more environmentally friendly? Why? How?
Development is good; sometimes it is a necessity to survive in today’s world. Businesses need profit, but they should not do so at the expense of the environment. Sustainable development is the key, the needs of the present has to be met without compromising the ability of future generations to sustain life in this planet.
Nguồn tham khảo: thetesttaker