Những tháng ngày hè đã đến rồi, chắc hẳn mọi người đều đang háo hức mong chờ một kỳ nghỉ phải không? Hãy cùng Langgo luyện thi IELTS qua việc học bộ từ vựng về chủ đề thú vị này nhé! Chúc các bạn học tốt!
1. Từ vựng chủ đề Holiday
- all-in package/package holiday [noun] - a holiday where you purchase the travel and accommodation together: chuyến đi trọn gói (giá cả cố định, bao gồm chi phí vận chuyển, nơi ăn ở...)
- breathtaking view [noun] - an extremely beautiful view: cảnh đẹp ngoạn mục
- charter-flight [noun] - a flight booked by a holiday company to transport their customers: hình thức du lịch theo phương thức thuê bao trọn gói
- check-in desk [noun] - the place at the airport where you register for your flight and deposit your luggage: quầy làm thủ tục
- departure lounge [noun] - where you wait for your flight to be called: phòng chờ khởi hành
- far-off destination [noun] - somewhere a long way away: điểm đến xa xôi
- to get away from it all [verb] - to take a holiday to escape a busy or stressful lifestyle: thoát khỏi tất cả (để đi du lịch xả stress)
- guided tour [noun] an organised group shown around a place of interest by an expert: chuyến du lịch có hướng dẫn
- holiday brochure [noun]: a glossy publication with details of holiday packages: cuốn sách nhỏ về những kỳ nghỉ
- holiday destination [noun] - where you go for a holiday: địa điểm du lịch
- holiday of a lifetime [noun] - a special holiday that you are unlikely to repeat: chuyến nghỉ dưỡng đặc biệt trong đời
- holiday resort [noun] - a place where lots of people go for a holiday: khu nghỉ dưỡng
- hordes of tourists [noun] - crowds of tourists: đoàn khách du lịch
- local crafts [noun] - objects produced locally: hàng thủ công địa phương
- long weekend [noun] - an extended weekend holiday including Friday or Monday: ngày nghỉ cuối tuần kéo dài thêm 1 ngày (thứ sáu/ thứ hai)
- out of season [noun] - outside of the main holiday period: mùa thấp điểm của du lịch
- picturesque village [noun] - very pretty village: một ngôi làng rất đẹp
- passport control [noun] - the place where your passport is checked: nơi kiểm tra passport
- places of interest [noun] - sites of interest to tourists: địa điểm du lịch ưa thích
- wildlife safari [noun]: a holiday, often in Africa, to observe wild animals: chuyến du lịch khám phá thiên nhiên hoang dã, thường ở Châu Phi
- self-catering [noun] - a holiday where you supply your own food: tour tự túc đồ ăn
- short break [noun] - a short holiday: kỳ nghỉ ngắn ngày
- to go sightseeing [verb] - to look around the tourist sites: đi tham quan
- stunning landscape [noun] - extremely beautiful countryside: phong cảnh đẹp tuyệt vời
- travel agent [noun] - a shop that specialises in booking holidays: văn phòng du lịch
- tourist trap [noun] - somewhere where too many tourists go: khu vực đông đúc khách du lịch
- youth hostel [noun] - a cheap form of accommodation: nhà nghỉ công đoàn (giá rẻ)
2. Từ vựng chủ đề Holiday mô phỏng theo IELTS SPEAKING
Part 1 - style questions
Examiner: What kind of holiday do you like?
Miguel: I try to avoid tourist traps … I like to get away from it all and prefer going somewhere off the beaten track … last year I had the holiday of a lifetime … a two week wildlife safari in Kenya.
Examiner: What do you like to do when you’re on holiday?
Anna: I enjoy visiting the local places of interest … I like to go sightseeing and always sign up for guided tours as it’s a chance to be shown around and take photographs … one of my hobbies.
Examiner: Do you have many tourists in your country?
Amy: Yes … we have a lot of holiday resorts along the coast that are popular with tourists … most people come on package holidays and stay in one of the many hotels and self-cateringapartments.
Part 2 - style task
Describe a beautiful place you once visited. You should say:
- when you went to this place
- where it was
- who you went with
and say why you liked it so much.
Sally: A few years ago I went on a long weekend to the Lake District in the UK … it’s a very popular holiday destination in the north of England … I went on my own and had a wonderful time … I stayed in a youth hostel and met some really nice people … but the most memorable thing about the holiday were the breathtaking views … and lovely picturesque villages … it can get very busy with hordes of tourists so I decided to go out of season in the autumn … the weather was fantastic and the shops were full of local crafts … a really great holiday … it’s certainly not the kind of short break for someone looking for a busy nightlife but if you want to relax in the middle of stunning landscape I would certainly recommend a holiday to the Lake District.
Part 3 - style questions
Examiner: What do you think has led to the growth in the tourism industry?
Miguel: It’s much easier and affordable to travel now … nowadays you can get cheap charter-flights or all-in packages … to somewhere near or to a far-off destination.
Examiner: How do people tend to choose a destination?
Anna: The Internet is a great source of information and high street travel agents are still very popular … that’s where I like to go to get holiday brochures for the place I’m interested in.
Examiner: People sometimes say flying is the most glamorous form of travel. Do you agree?
Amy: I’m not so sure really … flying can be quite boring … queuing up at the check-in desk … going through passport control … sitting for ages in the departure lounge … then the flight itself can be quite uncomfortable … no … I’m not sure I agree.
Ngoài ra, các bạn có thể tham khảo video "Luyện Thi IELTS Online Hiệu Quả Với Bộ Từ Vựng " Travel & Holiday " sau đây mà LangGo Vocabulary tổng hợp giúp bạn nhanh chóng ghi nhớ và luyện thi hiệu quả nhé.