Luyện thi IELTS Grammar: Đề cập đến danh từ (Referring to nouns)
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
1. Health club membership in Europe
A. has reached 36 million.
B. has declined in recent years.
C__has followed a similar trend to America.
2. If people today ate the same amount as their parents did
A. they would gain weight.
B. they would have more energy.
C. they would feel healthier.
Choose TWO letters A — E.
According to the speaker which TWO factors have contributed to the change in our fitness levels?
A. availability of better food
B. different working conditions
C. labour-saving devices
D. changes in healthcare
E. diets which do not work
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
5. Which of the following machines has been available for less than ten years?
Test tip: Read all the questions carefully before you listen. Underline or highlight any key information or words that you need to listen for (e.g. for question I you need to listen for information about Europe). Make sure you read the instructions carefully (e.g. for questions 3 and 4 you need to write two letters). Use the questions to help you find your way through the listening text. If you miss an answer, just move on to the next one.
Which exercise method do the following statements apply to?
A. using an elliptical trainer
B. running on the road
C. using a treadmill
Write the correct letter A, B, or C next to Questions 6 — 10 below.
6. The impact on the body is more than twice your own body weight.
7. The impact on the body is almost the same as your own body weight.
8. It has the same impact on the body as walking does.
9. It is the best method for losing weight at speeds over 14 kph.
10. It has the highest impact on the joints.
Test tip: Listen carefully for the key words (e.g. treadmills elliptical trainer, running / road) and match what you hear to the ideas in the questions. Remember the words in the questions will not match the words in the recording exactly.
Look at the following extracts from the recording. Which words or ideas do the underlined words refer to in the text?
1. Unfortunately, instead of eating less than their parents did, many consume a lot more.
2. On top of this, the change in employment patterns over the past ...
3. And this is where exercise machines come in.
4. That's an amazing number of people.
5. As its name implies, the machine delivers an elliptical motion ...
6. In that respect, ellipticals are superior.
7. After that, just keep going and going and going ...
LangGo Learning system - Hệ thống luyện thi IELTS toàn diện dành cho người mới bắt đầu.
Để nhận thông tin về các sự kiện đặc biệt và tài liệu học tiếng Anh IELTS miễn phí. Bạn hãy để lại cho chúng tôi thông tin liên lạc.