Đối với IELTS Speaking Part 1, chúng ta sẽ thường được hỏi về gia đình và bản thân. Chính vì vậy, hôm nay chúng ta sẽ cùng nhau học và trả lời một số câu hỏi về chủ đề Gia đình nhé.
1. How often do you meet with your family?
It’s normally once a month. At present I’m studying and working in another city, which is quite far from my hometown, so I can only set aside time for my family at the end of the month, because of the distance and heavy workload, you know.
2. How do you spend the time with your family?
We often spend quality time together on eating scrumptious meals prepared by my mother, talking with each other while enjoying our favorite delicious foods. It’s a precious time when we can momentarily get away from the hectic whirlwind of daily activities.
3. Do you want to live with your family in the future?
I’d prefer we live in the same city, so that we could take good care of each other, while making sure our family’s bond is secure and will not suffer from potential discrepancies in our individual lifestyles or the generation gap.
4. What activities do your family like doing together?
My family often gather around the table enjoying a cozy mealtogether, communicating and sometimes busting into laughter because of my father’s humorous stories. We’re also particularly into family game nights, when we huddle together to play cards or other family favorites.
5. Are you close to of your family members?
Most of them. Actually I’m a little bit more distant with my brother as compared to other members.
We have personality conflicts, and different viewpoints so we often have arguments over even the smallest things.
6. How has your family influenced you?
My family has definitely shaped who I am now. They have imprinted on me proper principles like respect, moral values and good manners. I have also inherited humbleness from my mother , and determination and patience from my father.
7. Do you want to be married or to be single in the future?
Yes, I do want to get married. We all ultimately find our true love in life, you know, and marriage is the ultimate commitment that we can make to our soulmate. Moreover, I want to build a loving and supporting home for my children like my parents have done for us.
- Set aside (để dành ra) [phrasal verb] reserve for a special purpose, put to one side
Example: Some doctors advise setting aside a certain hour each day for excercise
- Scrumptious ( ngon tuyệt ) (thức ăn) [adj] very pleasing, delicious
Example: From breakfast until dinner, hawkers sell an infinite variety of some of the world’s most scrumptious snacks.
- Hectic whirlwind (of activity) (vòng xoáy bận rộn của công việc ) [expression] a busy schedule
Example: Within a hectic whirlwind of activity demanded by her vast portfolio, Powell makes time for personal life with her husband, Richard.
- Discrepancy (sự khác biệt ) [n] lack of agreement or balance/ difference
Example: WFI called in police last November after spotting apparent discrepancies between
donations made to the organisation and its expenditure.
- Burst into laughter (phá lên cười) [idiom] suddenly begin to laugh
Example: The situation was so ridiculous, they simply burst into laughter.
- Huddle together ( túm tụm vào nhau) [v] gather/bunch together
Example: Four teens huddled together for comfort Sunday at the memorial service to honor victims of the attack at Columbine High School.
- Imprint ( cấy vào, ăn sâu vào) [v] to establish securely, as in the mind or consciousness
Example: It’s believed that most of our habits are imprinted early in childhood.
- Ultimate ( cuối cùng, mang tính nền tảng) [adj] / fundamental, elemental/most significant
Example: Of course the ultimate responsibility for the present conflict without doubt lies with the aggressor.
Mother-in-law: mẹ vợ/ mẹ chồng
Father-in-law: bố vợ/ bố chồng
Sister-in-law: chị/ em gái vợ/ chồng
Brother-in-law: anh trai em trai của vợ/ chồng
Cousin: anh chị em họ
Son: con trai
Daughter: con gái
Grandson: cháu trai ( cháu ruột)
Granddaughter: cháu gái ( cháu ruột)
Niece: cháu gái
Nephew: cháu trai
Stepfather: bố dượng
Stepmother: mẹ kế
Relatives: họ hàng
Twins: cặp sinh đôi